Crafty Bookworms is aimed at parents or caregivers of young children, aged 2 to 5. Each month we provide you with a reading list of picture books and instructions for a craft activity that helps reinforce the month's topic. Read at least one of the books to your child and do the craft activity. Afterwards, we encourage you to share the pictures of what you made in our private Facebook group.
So what is good about Crafty Bookworms and why would you want to join? Here's 8 great reasons:
1. Spend time bonding with your child doing fun things! Children love books being read to them, and making things.
2. Your child will have lots of fun!
3. Get involved in reading books regularly which helps them learn
4. Teach valuable lessons to your child through reading and craft
5. Join a community of like-minded Mums and caregivers to chat about books, reading, craft, and sharing pics of your artwork/craft
6. It's FREE, and anyone with a young child can join
7. It's convenient - establish a regular reading time suitable for your family; do the craft activity at a time suitable for your family too
8. An early childhood educator, experienced in children's craft organises the craft activities and instructions
Now is the time to join up! Simply subscribe by entering your first name, email address and your child's name. Each month we will email you the reading list with three book choices, and the instructions for the related craft. You can join here.
We kick off our first month with Australian rhymes. Anyone in the world can join. Source the books from wherever you wish, however the books are available from our online store.
Topics for 2015 include:
July - Australian Rhymes
August - Manners
September - Danger and Safety
October - Feeling Angry
November - Disability
December - BREAK
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Click here to read the media release. We look forward to seeing you join the group and having fun reading and sharing the joys of art and craft with your child!